Are you interested in being a part of the TMFR Mission to be “Committed to excellence, service, and the protection of life and property in our community?” If so, please read the requirements to apply and if you believe you meet them APPLY NOW!!
Posting closes: June 28, 2021
- Tentative Exam week (PAT/Lateral Assessment/Written): July 12, 2021 (Must take TMFPD tests/assessments, transfer scores will not be accepted)
- Tentative Interviews Scheduled: To be determined
- This recruitment will be used for future full time vacancies.
PAT (PHYSICAL ABILITIES TEST)/SKILLS ASSESSMENT/WRITTEN EXAM
- Applicants meeting the requirements for LATERAL Firefighter/Paramedic will be invited to the Physical Abilities Test (PAT), lateral skills assessment and EMS practical skills assessment.
- This testing process will evaluate the candidate’s knowledge, skills and abilities needed for success in the position.
- Information regarding the PAT and the lateral skills assessment will be emailed to candidates as they pass minimum qualifications.
- The EMS skills evaluation will evaluate the applicant’s expertise, knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Analytical Skills, Cognitive, and Problem Solving to include patient assessment, scene management and providing advance emergency medical treatment to sick and injured individuals.
Under general supervision, performs firefighting activities in combating, extinguishing, preventing fires, providing advanced emergency medical care, and other related work activities connected with the response to emergency and other incidents; and performs related work as required.
Graduation from high school or equivalent education.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Required at time of application:
- Possess current certification as a paramedic at time of application.
- Must possess current Nevada Firefighter I and II certifications, which meets NFPA, IFSAC or ProBoard Firefighter I and II certification at time of application.
- Must be certified by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Paramedic or possess Paramedic certification in the State of Nevada at time of application.
- Must be a full time Firefighter/Paramedic at a paid all-risk department to be considered for lateral.
Required at time of appointment:
- A valid driver’s license is required at time of appointment.
Current CPR, ACLS, ITLS and PALS certifications at time of appointment.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Nevada’s Class “C” Driver’s License with “F” endorsement, which complies with the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles’ at time of appointment.
- Must possess NWCG certifications S-130/S-190 at time of appointment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org