Are you interested in being a part of the TMFR Mission to be “Committed to excellence, service, and the protection of life and property in our community.” If so, please read the requirements to apply and if you believe you meet them APPLY NOW!!
Posting closes: June 28, 2021
Tentative Exam schedule (PAT/Lateral Assessment/Written): Week of July 12, 2021 (must be completed with TMFPD, no score transfers from other agencies will be accepted.)
Tentative Interviews Scheduled: To be determined
This recruitment will be used for future full time vacancies.
PAT (PHYSICAL ABILITIES TEST)/SKILLS ASSESSMENT/WRITTEN EXAM
Applicants meeting the requirements for LATERAL Firefighter/EMT will be invited to the Physical Abilities Test (PAT) and lateral skills assessment. This testing process will evaluate the candidate’s knowledge, skills and abilities needed for success in the position.
Information regarding the PAT and the lateral skills assessment will be emailed to candidates as they pass minimum qualifications.
Under close supervision, performs firefighting activities in combating, extinguishing, preventing fires, providing basic emergency medical care, and other related work activities connected with the response to emergency and other incidents; and performs related work as required.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education.
Required at time of application:
- Possess current Emergency Medical Technician basic or higher certification.
- CPR certification.
- Must be a full time Firefighter/EMT at a paid all-risk department to be considered for lateral.
Required at time of appointment:
- A valid driver’s license.
Required at time specified below:
- Must have the ability to obtain a Nevada’s Class “C” Driver’s License with “F” endorsement, which complies with the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles’ requirement within six (6) months of appointment.
- Firefighter I and II certifications or equivalent, which meets NFPA or IFSAC standards at application.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.