Recruitment and employment testing services for public safety
Job Classification: Firefighter-Paramedic
All candidates applying to this position that meet the requirements outlined below will be contacted directly and given instructions regarding the next step in the hiring process.
Hanford Fire Department (HFD) Firefighter Paramedics are represented by the International Association of Firefighters Local I-24.
Closing Date: 12 April, 2021 1200hrs. PDT – posting date extended
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Number of Positions Offered: 12
Base Salary: $76,492 start – up to $92,566 (overtime excluded)
Note: Firefighter-Paramedics start on a dayshift for the duration of the sixteen-week new-hire recruit academy. The Compensation rate will reflect the non-platoon training status. Candidate relocation funding is available for this position.
HFD is currently recruiting to fill several Firefighter-Paramedic openings. To be considered an eligible candidate for interview, at the time of application all candidates must possess:
- Current and valid NTN FireTEAM test and have a combined score over 80% (Minimum score of 70% in each element)
- Current and valid NTN Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
- IFSAC or ProBoard Firefighter 1
- IFSAC or ProBoard Hazardous Materials Awareness
- IFSAC or ProBoard Hazardous Materials Operations
- National Registry Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic
* As a condition of hire, all Firefighter Paramedics hired under this posting will be required to become certified Washington State Dept. of Health WA-EMT-Paramedic at the end of the sixteen-week recruit academy. These details will be discussed at the time of offer and our training staff will assist in the certification process.
* Successful candidates will be notified directly via email and must submit color copies of the required training records in .PDF format to the HMIS HR Staffing department for validation before an interview time will be scheduled.
Applicant contact Person:
Name: Jessica Esparza
Name: Marcia Ouderkirk
Email: [email protected]
Training provided: HFD holds a 16-week new-hire Firefighter academy, held at the Department of Energy’s HAMMER training center. Recruits completing the HFD new-hire academy will receive IFSAC Firefighter II certification.
More information about the HAMMER training center can be found here:
As a condition of hire, all Firefighters will be enrolled in the Washington State Joint Apprenticeship Training Council – Firefighter apprenticeship program with the expectation of obtaining a Journeyman Firefighter certificate.
More information about the apprenticeship program can be found here:
Department Information: In 2021, Hanford Mission Integration Solutions, a Limited Liability Corporation was awarded a contract by the United States Department of Energy to provide mission critical emergency management services to the Hanford Site. As a valuable asset of HMIS, the HFD, a professional all-hazards emergency response agency, is responsible for providing a comprehensive fire protection program including:
Fire Suppression – Advanced Emergency Medical Services and Transport -Hazardous Materials Emergency Response
Technical Rescue -Fire Protection System Inspection, Testing and Maintenance – Fire Code Analysis and Enforcement
Response Readiness Training – Manufacturing Breathing Air Meeting NFPA 1989 for site use – Wildland Fuels Management
To apply for this job please visit www.nationaltestingnetwork.com.