Website Naperville Fire Department
Naperville Fire Department
Firefighter/Paramedic (Entry Level) – Naperville, IL
Online Application: https://iosolutions.com/product/naperville-il-firefighter-paramedic-job-application-2/
Deadline: September 11, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination – Saturday, October 17, 2020.
The Naperville Fire Department is responsible for protecting approximately 150,000 residents (daytime population of 200,000) living in a 50-square mile area. A nationally accredited agency, the Naperville Fire Department’s mission is to safeguard the lives and property of the citizens of Naperville. This is accomplished by providing professional, quality fire prevention and public education programs go as well as effective and efficient fire suppression, emergency medical, rescue and other emergency services.
Over the past two decades, the Naperville Fire Department has experienced rapid growth. The fire department has ten fire stations in the operation. Currently the department employees more than 200 personnel. The department is manned 24 hours per day and operates six front line engines, two heavy duty rescue squads, eight front line paramedic ambulances, two front line ladder trucks, and two Battalion Commander Vehicles.
The Naperville Fire Department expects to hire approx. 15-20 firefighter/paramedics in the next two years
Firefighter Minimum Requirements:
▪ $40 non-refundable application fee;
▪ U.S. Citizenship;
▪ Be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED) at time of application;
▪ Possess a valid driver’s license, which will be used for identification at all phases of testing;
▪ Be at least nineteen (19)* years of age, but not older than thirty-five (35) years of age by the date of the scheduled orientation except as otherwise provided by statute. Note that the minimum age for appointment to the position of firefighter/paramedic is twenty-one (21);
▪ Attend orientation and all phases of testing;
▪ Obtain a passing score on a written test;
▪ Possess a good moral character;
▪ Pass a polygraph test;
▪ Pass a thorough background investigation;
▪ Pass a medical examination and a psychological assessment and a functional physical evaluation;
▪ Be licensed as an Illinois EMT/Paramedic at time of hire;
▪ Must have successfully completed the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb Exercise.
▪ Meet all requirements of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Rules, City of Naperville Municipal Code, and laws of the State of Illinois
Contact IOS Recruitment at (800)-343-HIRE or [email protected] with questions regarding the application and/or required documents before the application deadline date.
To apply for this job please visit iosolutions.com.