Website Long Grove Fire Protection District
The Long Grove Fire Protection District Board of Trustees are seeking an individual to fill the position of fire chief that will be able to remain calm, confident, and competent in high-pressure situations and will keep up with the latest developments in the field of the fire service. The next fire chief will know how to hold personnel accountable and delegate responsibility with clarity and authority. The selected candidate must be able to project the future needs of the department and be prepared for the challenges that the growth of the organization and community will bring.
Finally, it is essential that the new fire chief maintain a positive culture of teamwork and collaboration within the district, the organization, and the community.
Several key competencies for the ideal candidate would include:
- Innovation and collaboration with demonstrated leadership capacity excelling in the areas of management, interpersonal communication skills and customer service.
- Strong communication skill sets with confidence and approachability to interact with the community, District officials, staff and other relationships outside of the organization.
- Experience working successfully in a labor relations/collective bargaining environment where collaboration is key.
- Ability to build solid relationships by exhibiting flexibility and consistency through all forms of communication and decision-making,
- Exhibit a deep commitment to the organization, community and the Board of Trustees.
- Professional demeanor with substantial experience in modern fire practices, Incident Management Systems, and Emergency Medical Services.
- Embraces the use of technology, information data systems for problem-solving, community risk reduction efforts, and effective organizational operation.
- Excellent coaching skills to foster personal growth and professional development.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to plan short, medium, and long term.
- Possess comprehensive financial management and expense control practices/experience.
To be considered for the position, the following certifications/degrees will be required:
- Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal Basic Firefighter Certification or equivalent;
- Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal Advanced Fire Officer Certification or equivalent;
- Associate degree in Fire Science or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with major coursework in fire science, public or business administration or a related field or any other applicable qualifications as referenced in the Illinois State Statute related to the hiring of a fire chief.
A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, and a master’s degree is desirable. Possessing Chief Fire Officer (CFO) and/or Executive Fire Officer designations are highly desirable.
Candidates should possess four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience at a Deputy Chief officer rank or above. Experience in a fire district preferred.
Salary range for the position is $150,000 – $172,000. Placement within this range is commensurate with experience, qualifications and education of the selected individual. The District also provides an attractive benefits package.
The application closing date is JULY 30, 2021 5:00 pm. Successful candidates may participate in one (1) or two (2) evaluation processes. Dates to be announced. Interested and qualified candidates should apply at once, by completing the online form. You can access the form – copy and paste the web address below into your browser.
Web address: https://forms.gle/Uu2ezGMMKo6mzx9h9
Certifications and degrees should be made available only upon request.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.