Serving with strong hands and caring hearts.
Job Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
The primary function of the Recruit Firefighter is to learn and apply general duty firefighter work in a non-emergency academic setting, and obtain Fire I and Fire II certifications. The Recruit Firefighter is enrolled in the Golder Ranch Fire District (GRFD) Fire Academy for training, and is subject to the GRFD Recruit Training Academy Manual (RTAM), as well as all GRFD Policies and Procedures. During the GRFD Fire Academy, the Recruit Firefighter must demonstrate competency in the principal duties and responsibilities, as defined in the job description.
Recruit Firefighter Minimum Application Requirements:
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent.
· Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Recruit Firefighter Preferred Application Requirements:
· Fire I and Fire II Certifications at the time of application
· National Registry Certification and/or Arizona State EMCT-EMT or EMCT-Paramedic level certification, at the time of application
o Note: IF applicant only possesses National Registry Certification at time of application, MUST be able to attain Arizona State EMCT-EMT or EMCT-Paramedic level certification. Proof of the required certifications must be provided within one (1) week of conditional offer of employment.
· GRFD Required EMS Certifications for those who possess Arizona State EMCT-EMT or EMCT-Paramedic:
1. EMT: American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support Provider
2. Paramedic: (1) AHA Basic Life Support Provider WITH (2) AHA ACLS WITH (3) AHA PALS OR American Academy of Pediatrics PEPP
o NOTE: CPR cert/card MUST be issued by the American Heart Association (AHA)
o CAUTION: Heartsaver CPR does NOT meet the minimum requirement. Documents from agencies other than AHA will not be accepted – with the exception of PEPP in place of PALS for EMCT-Paramedic.
All mandatory certifications must be current and maintained throughout assignment as Recruit Firefighter.
Pay Information During Academy: Recruit Firefighter
Wage during academy: 40hr/work week: $13.97/hr
Required Overtime: est.10 hours per work week: $20.96/hr
Estimated Bi-weekly Wage: $1,536.80
How to Apply:
For all the details on this amazing opportunity and information on how to apply, please see our website: www.grfdaz.gov/careers.
Application Deadline 9:00 PM MST Sunday, October 18, 2020
To apply for this job please visit grfdaz.gov.