Website City of Visalia/Visalia Fire Department
The Visalia Fire Department is recruiting for Firefighter Paramedic. This position is involved in providing fire suppression, rescue, and non-transport, Advanced Life Support (ALS) emergency medical services.
Desired Qualifications Include:
- Graduation from high school or G.E D.
- Graduation from an accredited Firefighter Academy by time of appointment.
- Six months full-time paid work experience and/or one year reserve/volunteer service in fire suppression is desirable.
- CSFM Firefighter 1 certification within one year of appointment.
- Possession of California or National Registry Paramedic
- Certification by time of appointment. Local CCEMSA accreditation within three (3) months of appointment.
- Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s license. Firefighter endorsement within one year of appointment.
- Possession of valid ACLS and CPR certifications by time of appointment. PALS certification within three (3) months of appointment.
- Possession of a valid *Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT) certificate. Must be dated within one (1) year of the filing date.
For more information and application materials visit our website at www.visalia.city. Application filing deadline is Monday, May 23, 2022.
The City of Visalia is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.