The City of Lenexa, Kansas Fire Department is currently accepting applications for Firefighters. The City of Lenexa is a progressive, dynamic and growing community located in Johnson County, Kansas. The department is accredited by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International and has been awarded the highest public protection classification rating by the Insurance Services Office. The firefighter position is a non-standard, rotating work, shift schedule (nine 24 hour shifts in a 27-day work period), requiring weekend and holiday work.
Why come work for us? Our employees are dedicated to the City’s core values – integrity, service, teamwork, dedication, vision and caring. We all chip in and roll up our sleeves to deliver exceptional customer service.
· 18 years of age at time of employment offer
· High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate
· Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record throughout employment
· Firefighter I and II certificates and EMT certification
· Successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) within 1 year of application
· Fire Service Entrance Exam (FSEE) minimum score of 70%
Information for CPAT and FSEE opportunities can be found at the following links:
CPAT or https://www.jccc.edu/academics/credit/fire-science/ce-fire-science-cpat.html
FSEE or https://www.jccc.edu/academics/credit/fire-science/fire-science-entrance-exam.html
MCC or https://www.mcckc.edu/professional-dev/public-safety-institute/fireacademy/
The application and certifications must be submitted by March 31, 2021 at 5pm CST.
· Structured in-person panel interviews will be scheduled from April 12 to April 16, 2021. Consideration will be given for candidates who live more than 2 hours away.
· Candidates selected to move forward to the next step in the process will be contacted and scheduled for a Ride Along activity between April 19 and April 23, 2021.
· Finalists will participate in an interview with the Fire Chief April 26 to April 30, 2021.
Successful candidates who receive a conditional job offer will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment psychological evaluation, medical exam, drug test and background check.
Starting Salary for Firefighters is $40,653/year, Paramedic is $54,540/year.
In addition to competitive pay, a full-time career with the City of Lenexa comes with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, a robust health and wellness program, up to $25,000 in tuition reimbursement, excellent state and city retirement plans, and an on-site health clinic.
Applications are only accepted online and must include both a resume AND minimum qualification certifications. Your application should include education and certifications, as well as previous employment history. Application and certification submission deadline is March 31, 2021 @ 5pm CST.
As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Lenexa strives to treat all employees fairly, with consistency and respect, while providing a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment. We value and encourage diversity in our workplace.
To apply for this job please visit lenexa.com.