The City of Everett is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Fire Chief. Under the direction of the Fire Chief, administer and coordinate the activities, personnel, resources and operations of the Fire Department. Responsibilities include strategic policy and problem solving as well as operational aspects of the Department. The Assistant Fire Chief assumes the duties of the Fire Chief in their absence. Work is reviewed through conferences, reports and effectiveness of Department activities and programs. Supervision is exercised over a staff of commissioned officers, professional and administrative employees.
The City of Everett employs six (6) Engine Companies (1 swing engine), two (2) Ladder Companies (1 swing ladder), three (3) ALS medic units, and three (3) BLS aid units supervised by a shift battalion chief and shift medical services officer. There are six (6) fire stations located throughout the city. There are 186 budgeted uniformed positions.. In 2021 the Department was dispatched to approximately 24,500 incidents.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A combination of education and related experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Science, Public Administration or related field and
- Minimum of 5 years increasingly responsible administrative or supervisory experience in a municipal fire department .
- Minimum of 5 years field experience as a company officer or greater.
- Completion of National Fire Academy Executive Fire Officer Program is highly desirable.
- Completion of a relevant master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain for the duration of employment, a valid, unrestricted Washington State Driver License.
- Experience as a Paramedic (NREMTP) is highly desirable.
Application materials and more information may be accessed via http://www.everettwa.gov/careers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org