The City of DeKalb is accepting applications and testing for Firefighter/Paramedic to establish an eligibility list.
The process and the minimum qualifications are dictated by the Board of Fire & Police Commissioner’s Rules and Regulations and are detailed in the recruitment brochure.
For consideration the following documents must be submitted with your online application:
- At least 21 years of age, but less than 35 years of age prior to taking any test leading to employment as a Firefighter/Paramedic for the City of DeKalb. Proof of birthdate is required. Except applicants having previous full time employment with an Illinois Fire Department or Fire Protection District.
- Copy of Basic Operations Firefighter (Firefighter II) or Advanced Technician Firefighter (Firefighter III) certification through the Illinois State Fire Marshall.
- Copy of State of Illinois (IDPH Paramedic License (EMT-P) or letter from instructor. The EMT-P requirement may be satisfied by a letter issued by an accredited EMT-P training and certification program indicating that at the time of application, the applicant is a student in good standing, with tuition paid in full, who is expected to graduate the EMT-P program with a grade of at least 80%, within the next 3 months. Applicants must have EMT-P status at time of hire, to be eligible for hiring.
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of High School Diploma or Equivalent
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AT TIME OF CONDITIONAL OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) with Ladder Climb Certification conducted by a licensed agency within twelve (12) months prior to the conditional offer of employment.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- State of Illinois (IDPH) Paramedic License (EMT-P).
- Must pass psychological and medical examinations.
Candidates must fill out an application with NTN AND the City of DeKalb
Upon completion of the written exam, all candidate scores will be forwarded to the City of DeKalb hiring officials. Candidates who attain a passing score will be placed on the department’s pool of eligible candidates to continue to participate in other stages of the selection process. The cut-off score for the written examination will be based on the recommendation of the developer of the written examination and consistent with minimally qualified performance in the Firefighter/Paramedic position.
The selection process includes submission of the applications, written exam, oral interview and background investigation. Psychological and medical exams are completed upon conditional offer of employment.
Questions about the NTN application and/or written exam?
Please call: National Testing Network – 1 (855) 821-3761
Questions about the City application?
Please call: City of DeKalb, Human Resources Department – 1 (815) 748-2398
Applications AND Written Exam Due:
Sunday, November 7, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.