Website City of Bellingham
The Bellingham Fire Department is hiring for our January 2023 Academy.
Upcoming Opportunities to learn about Becoming a Bellingham Fire Department Firefighter:
Informational Sessions: The Bellingham Fire Department will be hosting optional virtual informational meetings about becoming a BFD Firefighter. Information will be shared specifically for Entry or Lateral but you are welcome to attend any session. Please click the session listed below to register. Registration is required to join the session. Sessions are not recorded.
- Entry Firefighter:
- Lateral Firefighter:
CPAT/Firefighter Demonstration:The Bellingham Fire Department will be hosting an optional demonstration for the CPAT at Station 43, located at 5368 Northwest Drive, Bellingham, WA. Registration is required to attend. Click here to register.
- Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 8:00am
- Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 12:00pm
Entry Firefighter and Entry Firefighter/Paramedic: All applicants interested in this position must complete testing through National Testing Network. Please visit the National Testing Network website (www.NationalTestingNetwork.com) for information regarding the testing process. FireTEAM Testing and a valid CPAT are required for this position. Please see below for the FireTeam and CPAT Testing windows:
- FireTEAM Testing: Must be completed by 4:30pm, September 7, 2022. Please note that if you have applied with the City of Bellingham previously, we do NOT transfer scores and you will need to reapply to be added to this list.
- CPAT Certification: A current, valid CPAT certification will be accepted from NTN or another agency licensed by the IAFF/AFC as a licensed CPAT provider. CPAT testing must be completed between October 8, 2021 and October 7, 2022. Proof of CPAT must be attached to your City of Bellingham application by the advertised application deadline at future date. Please do not send us any application material at this time.
- Please visit www.cob.org/jobs or click here for more information on the testing and application process.
Lateral Firefighter and Lateral Firefighter/Paramedic: All applicants interested in this position must apply at www.cob.org/jobs or click here.
- You must have a CPAT dated September 24, 2021 or more recent and it must be included as part of your application. We will accept CPAT certifications until 4:30PM on the closing date, September 23, 2022.
The City of Bellingham anticipates hiring up to 12 Firefighters for the January 2023 Academy.
Our environment is characterized by respect for cultural backgrounds, belief systems, and ethnic diversity. The City of Bellingham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in its work force. We do not make decisions on the basis of an individual’s race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, age (40+), disability, retaliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, honorably discharged veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking, use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. All are encouraged to apply for employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org