Charlottesville Fire Department
Application Deadline: January 23, 2020 at 5pm EST.
Applications accepted online at: www.charlottesville.org/jobs
Do you want to make a positive impact and improve the quality of life for all residents in our community? The Charlottesville Fire Department is seeking candidates to join our team who are highly motivated and who strive for success by demonstrating Charlottesville’s Core Values of Leadership, Trust, Creativity, Respect, and Excellence.
Typical starting pay is $15.00 an hour ($43,680 annually) for a 56-hour workweek with additional pay given for EMT-Intermediate or EMT-Paramedic certification and experience. During training, new recruits will be on a 40-hour per week schedule at $21.00 an hour. Firefighters perform responsible service work in fire suppression and prevention; does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of a company and/or shift commander. Primarily and most frequently the work done here is under general supervision, with related functional areas and more advanced applications.
To be considered, an application must be submitted online through our employment website prior to the application deadline of Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 5pm EST.
- Please view the posting on our employment website for complete recruitment process, and other highly pertinent, information.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by hire date. (Virginia State Administrative Code 12VAC5-31-1200. Minimum Age of EMS Vehicle Personnel.);
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required;
- Possession of a valid appropriate driver’s permit issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia by employment start date. (To view our driving eligibility requirements, go to the ‘About City Jobs’ section of our FAQs on the HR webpage; Individuals with a negative point balance may not be considered for employment.);
- Must agree to and sign a “no tobacco/smoking’ contract.
TO BE CONSIDERED: to view the complete job posting, recruitment process information, and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment website and only until the closing date of the position on Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 5pm EST. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.